Thursday, September 3, 2009

pulled pork, IKEA, and the wedding: the saga continues.

Last night at work about six or seven people came in and bought meat for pulled pork. So I figured it was a sign and decided to make some for Alan since he's basically obsessed with the stuff. Not to toot my own horn or anything, but smells wonderful. Alan gave it the taste test and I'm as happy as a pig in shit. I don't know how I fell about cooking meat since, well, I don't eat it but he does it just another thing we have to make work in our life together.

Just like my love for all things IKEA. I finally got to visit the furniture mecca on Saturday with ym lovely friend, Jessica. I think I giggled incessantly the whole ride there so she turned up the Pixies to drown me out. After the seemingly never ending torrential rains and mass confusion of that happens when you drive into Broward and Miami-Dade, we made it. I'm telling you I hope I'm this excited on my wedding day. I LOVED IT!! I lost Jessica a few times but it was so much fun. They have little mock houses in there and me and her picked our out and sat in kitchen and talked like it was really one of our houses. Of course with the exception of people walking through. One thing I did notice was 98% of the people shopping there that day were Spanish of some kind. Yet another sign you know you're in Miami.

Wedding planning has been going... okay. We decided to push the wedding up which has caused full on wide scale panic amongst friends and family. My sister doesn't know if she's coming now because they already put in leave for the first date, I'm too afraid to tell my mom; the whole thing is sheer craziness.

No comments:

Post a Comment