Friday, September 25, 2009

happy in the haze of an drunken hour

"My relationship is the thing I'm proudest of in my life. I had a lot of opportunities to end up in some pretty bad situations and, despite all my faults, I had the sense to find someone like him and make the decision to be with him. You spend a lot of time wanting to be with the wrong person and I just feel incredibly lucky because I've succeeded at that one thing. I figured that out."

-Sarah Polley

For a while, I was beginning to think that my marriage to Alan (even though we aren't married just yet) wasn't going to work out. Both my mom and my dad have been married three times so it's hard to have any sort of faith in long-lasting relationship when you've never seen proof of one. We're doing everything we can to keep our relationship strong by communicating and and really listening to each other. It's hard at times because sometimes, we just don't see eye to eye. But as long as we realize that all we have is each other and that a deal is deal, our marriage will last our lives.

Moving on, my birthday was three days ago. Yup, I'm (after my friend Tytus) the oldest of all of my friends. The night was pretty great. We had beer, tacos and the most cutthroat game of Monopoly I've ever played. The night had its moments of drama but I wouldn't change it. I don't feel any different since turning twenty-three. But I must admit, the closer I get to twenty-five, the more anxiety I feel wondering if I'm ever going to get to accomplish the things I want. Where my life is going and who I am in the grand scheme of things. I promised myself i wouldn't have a quarter life crisis though. I can't afford a "go find myself" sabbatical. Maybe if we win the lotto, but if that happens, I'll just buy a Lambo.

No comments:

Post a Comment